Sunday, February 26, 2012

Not to be dramatic...

So lately, I’ve felt like I’m living in a scary movie. But we’re at the beginning of the movie, where the scary part hasn’t happened yet. Like when the music is eery and the girl hears the rattling in the basement and she grabs the door handle to open it, and the whole audience starts screaming,  “NOOO! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?! TURN BACKKK!!! YOU‘LL DIE!!!” 

Here, that scary thing is a lil somethin’ people call 'hot season'. Like right now, the temperature reaches 100, I’m sweating off three nalgenes, and people still say “in a few weeks, you’ll be begging for this weather”. Cue in scary music. Or a student still shows up to school wearing a sweater to class?! Scary music building. People use phrases like “oh ya, during hot season, we did this or that…JUST TO SURVIVE.” And I’m thinking, oh my gosh, we’re all gonna die.

I think my survival tactics will be sleeping a lot, allowing myself to have no personality, walking around naked, and cursing frequently under my breath. Like any good missionary would.

That or maybe I’ll start filming everything that happens and get some big bucks making a movie or t.v. series similar to Survivor or Lost. I’ll probably play the role of the character who everyone labels as ‘she deserved to die, how did she not see that coming?’

2 comments:

  1. HA HA HA!!

    I'M SO HOT! It's 9:34pm and it's dropped to 95F! And I'm a cranky mess! And this is ONLY THE BEGINNING!

    (and just for the record, while frequent cursing under your breath won't be looked down upon, when you come over to watch whatever our next season after Downton2 will be . . . YOU MUST WEAR CLOTHING!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "like any good missionary would"

    heh heh heh

    ReplyDelete