Wednesday, May 9, 2012

God Hands Out Benadryl


What I  am about to tell you will shock you right out of your pants and into a Nigerien skirt…

IT.RAINED.HERE. DOWNPOUR.

What the what?!?! After seven months of this dusty, cracking, thirsty land, I didn’t think this place ever saw any drops of rain. I stand corrected, my friends.

As you can imagine, it was a screaming, dancing, running, wet, muddy free for all (no, I was not the only one participating, your assumptions offend me…and no, Chel, I did not streak [self-control never ceases to surprise me]).

I’m so glad I mentioned my 3 am-on-the-ground-naked-and-rashy-too much information-all-nighter yesterday so that we could all better understand how much that rain felt like grace.

That being said, pray, that Niger’s rainy season actually brings rain and that the soil actually drinks it up and produces a crop, for our world‘s poorest and starving people. Lord, You see them.

Until then, hello to you, 24 hours of cooler air and a breeze.  Slept like a drugged out cat last night…God handed me Benadryl.

Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of Grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.  Hebrews 4:16. ...rain down on Niger!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN . . . and AMEN! Here's to hoping the rest comes sooner rather than later! (so glad you're here miserable-ing it with me!!)

    ReplyDelete