Sunday, October 23, 2011

To Santy Claus

Dear Santa,

Someone told me that it takes 7-10 weeks for something to get here. I took it upon myself to do the math for you and this would mean that you should start sending me my Christmas envelopes now!! Lucky for you my address is already on my profile!

Things I would love:
1. Zip Lock Bags…for me and to distribute to others.
2. Sermons on CD/DVD…not enough internet to download those and church is in Haussa.
3. Stationary for writing people notes. Post it notes for school.
4. Gum.
5. Candy or chocolate…I don’t care how you get it to me, if it melts, I‘ll lick it off the envelope.
6. Support donations to SIM.
***7. Words of Encouragement…if you send letters separately, they get here much more easily.
8. Prayer….aaaaah, puhlease!!

I‘m sorry if this isn‘t subtle or selfless…what can I say, my family usually needs very large hints.

Sincerely,
Jenny

***I’ve realized here how much small kindnesses are underestimated. No matter where you are, who doesn’t love to receive little gifts, emails, or notes of “thanks” for their everyday actions. Even better, who doesn’t want to be told “what you did is noticed” or “who you are is noticed“. Not just ‘you can do it’ but “you ARE doing it”. Good friends need it even if they are good friends. Strangers love it even if they don‘t know the other person well. It can be comforting, or encouraging, or a bright spot in a day, or whatever the Holy Spirit wants it to be. I don’t know why I don’t do it more often?!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jenny, The Lord bless you & keep you; may His face shine on you and give you peace. May many of those Bible verses hidden in your heart rise up and encourage you at just the right moments. i'll see what we can do about the chocolate! love to you and the people at Galmi & everywhere you go!
    S Kittaka

    ReplyDelete
  2. one zip lock bag coming your way

    ReplyDelete